FLIR Boson® 320
Compact LWIR Radiometric Thermal Camera
The Boson® longwave infrared (LWIR) thermal camera module sets a new standard for size, weight, power, and performance (SWaP). It utilizes FLIR infrared video processing architecture to enable advanced image processing and several industry-standard communication interfaces while keeping power consumption low. The 12 µm pitch Vanadium Oxide (VOx) uncooled detector comes in two resolutions – 640 x 512 or 320 x 256. It is available with multiple lens configurations, adding flexibility to integration programs.
With a weight as low as 7.5 g and a camera body as small as 21 x 21 x 11 mm, the Boson represents an industry-leading reduction in SWaP with no reduction in performance. Advanced embedded processing and video analytics, as well as software-customizable functionality, give this small camera big capabilities, including integration with auxiliary sensors such as third-party cameras, GPS, and IMU.
Your Application, Now With Radiometry.
There are times when a simple thermal image is not enough to interpret a scene. In these scenarios, the ability to detect and record the temperature data from every pixel is vital to the task at hand. Radiometric thermal cameras measure the intensity of infrared signals reaching the camera to provide an accurate temperature reading of objects in the scene.
Built-In Spot Meter Accuracy
Boson Radiometric cameras include a Spot Meter Accuracy software feature that provides an assessment of how accurate a given temperature measurement appears in the scene. Available as telemetry data accessed through the Boson SDK or the Boson graphical user interface (GUI), this feature provides guidance across five confidence grades, offering in-the-moment assessment to help improve temperature measurement confidence.
DRAMATIC REDUCTION IN SIZE, WEIGHT AND POWER (SWaP) WITH NO REDUCTION IN PERFORMANCE
A full-featured VGA thermal camera module at less than 4.9 cm3.
- 21 x 21 x 11 mm camera body and weight as low as 7.5 g.
- Low power consumption, starting at 500 mW
- 12 µm pixel pitch VOx microbolometer with 320 and 640 resolutions.
- Rugged construction and highest temperature rating -40°C to 80°C.
POWERFUL INFRARED VIDEO PROCESSING ARCHITECTURE
FLIR infrared video processing with embedded industry-standard interfaces empowers advanced processing and analytics.
- Includes embedded algorithms for noise filters, gain control, blending, and more.
- Software-customizable functionality for video processing and power dissipation requirements.
- Built-in support for physical and protocol-level interface standards.
WIDE CONFIGURABILITY FOR FASTER DEVELOPMENT AND LOWER COST-TO-MARKET
Unprecedented integration flexibility for fast, affordable developments.
- Customized applications through FLIR-trusted third party developers.
- Mechanical/electrical compatibility across all versions.
- Variety of hardware and image processing integration to fit OEM requirements.